Bisque doll from the 1930s.”
From the estate of an educator who used her collection to teach about negative and positive images of African-Americans.
Local pick up available at our shop in Bloomington, MN.
- Jointed arms and legs
- Painted body and face
- Shirt with ribbed collar, cuffs, and waist with velcro closure in back; pull on pants (not original); undergarments missing
- Doll stand
- Fabric clothes (not original)
Hallmarks on Back
- MADE IN JAPAN
Hallmarks on Bottom of Foot
- Height: 6¼
- Width: 2½
- Depth: 1¾
Measurements are approximate.
- FUC (fair used condition) for vintage age
- Stringing in arms and legs not original but in good condition.
- Paint missing mostly on the back side (head, back, and right heel).
- Dried residue on top of head on left side.
- No nicks, chips, cracks, or crazing.
Comes from a non-smoking environment.