An exquisite piece by Joan E. LaVine”
A fabulous piece by Joan LaVine, a fiber artist. She takes her inspiration from the North Shore, Grand Marais, and Lake Superior using new and vintage textiles.
She studied at the Marion Ham Studio in Limerick, ME; the Vesterheim Museum Rug Hooking School at Luther College in Decorah, IA; and the Arrowhead Hookcrafters Rug School in Duluth, MN. She earned an Accredited Teacher’s Certificate from Southern McGown Rug School at Ripley, WV, in 1996.
Local pick up available at our store in Bloomington, MN. Will deliver locally free of charge in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN metro area.
- Primitive hand hooked rug
- Hand dyed yarn/textile
- Contemporary stained wood frame (poplar [?])
- Picture wire on back
- Rug is attached at the top of the frame but not the bottom
- Date: Circa 1998; note not marked on the piece. But, the date was noted on supporting documentation.
Note: This piece does not have a Certificate of Authenticity.
Framed by Opening Night Framing Services & Gallery (http://www.onframe-art.com/contact-us/)
- Rug: Green, reds, black; overall soft muted colors
- Frame: Grey-green stain; the grain of the wood shows through the stain
- Width: 22"
- Height: 15½"
- Depth: 2"
Measurements are approximate.
EUC (excellent used condition)
- Print: No stains or tears
- Frame: Some stain has worn off on the inside edge on the right side of the frame
Comes from a non-smoking environment.